Explore a Thoughtfully Curated list of Minnesota’s Original Craft Drinks in Volume 1 Passport Program:
- Bitter Cube Bitters (founders of the MN Craft Cocktail)
- Dangerous Man Brewing (craft beer)
- Sociable Cider Werks (cider)
- Lawless Distilling (cocktail)
- Lakes & Legends (craft beer)
- Bent Paddle Brewing (craft beer)
- Insight Brewing (craft beer)
- Summit Brewing (craft beer)
- Excelsior Brewing (craft beer)
- Moto-i (sake)
- Norseman Distillery (cocktail)
- Wander North Distillery
- Bent Brewstillery (craft beer flight)
- Town Hall Brewery (craft beer)
- St. Paul Brewing (craft beer)
- Inbound Brewco (craft beer)
- Lift Bridge Brewing (craft beer)
- Grumpy’s NE (craft beer)
Volume 1 Brewery & Distillery Map
The “MN Originals” Concept
VOLUME 1 was designed so that you could experience that originators of Minnesota’s local craft scene and is the best craft beer passport. Volume 1 was the 1st pub passport program, and we invite you to explore the people behind our craft scene. They were the 1st. They put it all on the line because of what they loved, and they are some of the most popular, most well known, and highest quality makers Minnesota has to offer.
If you’re new to Minnesota or just discovering ‘craft’ drinks, this is the guide for you to learn about and experience the absolute best!
(Updated 2019: Our v3 “beer-lovers” rounds out this volume, by featuring the few “MN Originals” we missed in this book, as well as featuring some of the newest and hottest breweries in Minnesota right now (that opened after this book was printed)).
Unique, Local Design + Quality Printing
A lot of care was put into making the highest quality, durable, engaging book we could. (learn more)
Printed on high-quality, durable, and sustainable materials, each book is designed to be both informative and offer you the best experience.
- Craft Notes passports are a mixed-media project; graphic design, illustration, and photography
- Each passport is a 2-color screen print done in collaboration by local artists led by Keith Williams.
- All photos are taken by local Craft Notes photographers
- The Cover Stock is heavy-weight, 100lb, textured cover made of 50% recycled fibers from the Midwest
- Interior pages are printed on 80% recycled paper
How Drink Passports Work
- Bring your book to each location and…
- …when your tab comes, the staff will stamp it and take 1 drink off your tab*.
- You just tip like you got a free drink, because you did:)
(How Passports Work)
*Great with friends!* Complimentary drinks are provided for each book, so multiple books may be used on a single tab (ie. 2 books gets the 1st round of 2 drinks).
*Remember* Craft Notes is about supporting great local businesses and their local staff! Many of whom love talking beer, so bring a friend, grab a spot at the bar, and settle in for a good time…
Explore at your own pace. Our Passports are the best way for you experience and support the most phenomenal local craftsmen that are helping shape Minnesota culture. You’ll always have something new to do and a complimentary drink to enjoy when you do it!
“I hope you enjoy Volume 1! We worked hard to make sure we had the 1st places you think of when you think of the Minnesotan brewery/distillery scene. This one also has some of the best stories, because most of these places started before ‘craft beer’ was really a thing…”
– Matt D. Craft Notes Founder