PLEASE READ THIS PAGE IN ITS ENTIRITY BEFORE ORDERING IF YOU HAVE TIME-CONSTRAINTS RELATED TO SHIPMENTS
“I get it. Your package didn’t come when expected.
We WANT you to be happy and will do our best to process all orders rapidly so you have the best product. We ask, however, that you be reasonable with us in matters related to shipping, as it is NOT in our hands.
We’re NOT Amazon. We are a small business, print limited-edition works, and do not have anyone dedicated to shipping, as such, we’ve put together a policy of ‘minimal expectations’ and policies. We rely on USPS for shipping.
Thank you for your support and understanding!– Matt Dowgwillo – Craft Notes Founder
Wondering when your passport order arrive?
In order to keep your shipping costs low and service you better we try to follow a strict shipping policy. We guarantee processing by the listed tables, however, please allow 2-10 days for passports to be delivered.
When should I expect my Drink passport?
Depends on the date you purchased your passport and location.
1) Email 1: ORDER CONFIRMATION: Date your order is completed and being worked on.
2) Email 2: ORDER COMPLETED: Date your order is packaged and ready to go.
3) Did you get that 2nd email? Order will be delivered to post office either that day or the following if already closed (ie. you get email at 7pm, it will be at USPS the next day).
4) Once at the post office, standard delivery ~2-7 business days, so please plan accordingly.
Passport Processing-Handling & Shipping Table
Please Note: We are not Amazon. We are a super small, local company and we are sending your packages by hand. We will handle, process, and package your passports, then drop them to the USPS according to the table below. Any additional delays caused by post office and we ask you to understand.
|Date of Purchase||Day we will process your order|
|**||We ship USPS out of Minneosta. Standard delivery to Minnesota addresses is 2-3 days after handling, other states require additional time as required by USPS.|
|Dec. 26 – Jan 27||Orders sent on Friday after your order (order before Friday at noon)|
|Jan 27 – Feb 14||Great Valentines Gifts! We’ll process Next Business Day, allow for standard delivery times.|
|Feb 15 – Nov 1||Orders sent on Friday after your order|
|Nov 1 – Dec 5||Orders sent Wednesdays & Fridays|
|Dec 6 – Dec 25||Happy Holidays! We ship next business day and will do what we can for your to get your packages. Please allow 2-7 days for delivery|
|24-hour Handling ship option||If you chose the 24-hour handling option, we will process your order and deliver to the post office within 24 hours. Please still allow 2-3 days for shipping from the USPS.|
SHIPPING METHODS & POLICY FOR LOST/RE-SHIPMENTS
We have tried to make shipping as low cost as possible for you! However, that also comes with some struggles. Please see our Refund Policy before choosing shipping if you have any questions.
If there are any issues with your order, you must contact us within 30 days of your order. Failure to inform us of order issues within 30 days will be reshipped on a case by case basis at our option.
Choose your issue/see each policy related to the following situations:
Missing/wrong item from my order
- Missing item? You got your package, but we screwed it up.
Please let us know what is missing from your order and we will ship it to you at our cost. Please send us a picture of what was delivered in your order.
- Wrong item: Depending on situation we may ask you to exchange. Contact us below to process this request and let us know what’s up!
How we deal with Damaged Items
- We will never ship a damaged item. A scuffed book does not affect use.
- Pages missing/print error that affects use of offers: Craft Notes will replace these pages or exchange full item for you (if exchange, we both cover our own shipping and we will resend after return is in our hands).
- If damaged during shipping, we cannot be liable for this. If choosing Priority Mail USPS will cover the cost of replacement. Please go through them to process that.
If you chose another form of shipping we are sorry. If you would like to exchange it please return the damaged item, including a note with correct return address and your venmo account. We will request $5 to cover padded package shipping and resend once it has been paid.
How we deal Incorrect Addresses (provided by you)
- We will print the exact address on the envelope provided by you in the “shipping address” — the only tweek is if USPS finds an alternative, better known address for what you input.
- IF that address is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will try to fix it for you (free).
- If package is already sent/lost, we cannot help you. However, IF it is returned to us, you may venmo us for shipping and we will reship it to proper address
- If you’d like to update the address, please see our policies below based on your shipping option choice.
Which shipping should I choose?
!!! We ship with USPS. Please be aware of our policies regarding each type of shipping method and how we deal with each situation !!!
Choosing Flat Rate Shipping (cheapest, beware!)
- Flat Rate/Free Shipping: Per book shipped USPS First Class or cheapest available. BEWARE! NO Tracking.
- If you chose Standard Flat Rate Shipping (no tracking) or Free Shipping we will reship package for a flat fee of $15 with shipping included. You may update the shipping address if a mistake was made/if needed.
Choosing 👍 Media Mail or Expedited: Tracking Provided.
- If not delivered/lost: We will reship for free to original order address
- If delivered, but you still don’t have it: We MAY, at our option, reship. You may be asked to cover the cost of shipping or products, whatever we feel is fair.
- If you need to update or change shipping address, we may request, at our option (depending on if it was returned to us) a $15 fee
Shipping costs are non-refundable. In order to keep shipping costs low, we ship via basic US Post. By ordering through our site, and selecting standard shipping, you are electing to NOT receive tracking information, and as such, are accepting liability and full payment for lost packages. – That said, again, we’re not dicks and we will typically guarantee lost packages and reship them for you if you contact us and make the request.
Our products are all single-run and sell out, and so when a package is lost, it is gone at our loss. We want you to have your item, but ask that you understand that when making a replacement request.
I ordered multiple books, but only received 1 passport?
They are coming.
Our goal is to keep shipping costs low for you. To do so, we ship our passports in single packages (unless large order).
Look on the back of what you received. If you see a “1/2” or “2/2” it means that 1 of your packages has arrived, but the rest are on the way. If you’d like them to be shipped together please choose the “next day processing” option and we’d be happy to do it!
I Pre-ordered an upcoming volume and I got an email that said it was shipped, but I don’t have it.
If you pre-ordered an upcoming volume, you might have gotten the order fulfilled email. This means that your order is in the queue and it will be shipped the first day we have our new books!
I’m purchasing a gift, Can I get a gift tag?
Use the order notes!
If you’re purchasing a passport as a gift, please include that in your order and we’ll include a gift tag which explains your gift and lists your/their names.
I need MY Passports NOW! Can you ship quicker?
Need it quicker? We’re bound to the confines of the US Postal Service, however, we can process your order faster. Please choose “Next Day Processing” on your order (note: this is standard for holiday orders Dec 6 – 25).
Can I buy a Passport from a store or brewery?
You can avoid shipping costs and get your books today! You just have to visit one of the breweries, distilleries, or retail partners that are carrying our Passports. The following places carry limited Craft Notes Passports volumes (usually just our Coffee Passport, most recent craft drinks volume, or volume where they are featured. Please call them before you drive there!) to pick them up locally.
I still haven’t received my order/Order Lost
Did you wait at least 15 days after receiving the “Email 2: Order Complete…” email??
If No, please keep an eye on the mail! USPS is usually reliable, but it can be slow.
If Yes, it sucks for everyone if this happens, and while it rarely does, we’re sorry it happened to you. We will wait 15 days from the ship date (date of the 2nd email confirming shipping) to see if it arrives slowly or gets returned to us. Contact us.